Old Doxoblogy

Friday, September 02, 2005

I'll be back Monday!

I'm going out of town for the weekend and will be back on Monday. Remember that on this Monday my address will change to doxoblogy.blogspot.com. Don't forget! I would hate to lose any of you in the aftermath of what is probably going to be a cataclysmic event when the address changes!

Speaking of cataclysmic events, we need to continue to pray and send resources to the areas hit by hurricane Katrina. It is hard to imagine the pain those people are going through. It is only the grace of God that keeps this whole world from spinning out of control, and in just one moment our lives can change. And yet even in this tragedy or whatever other tragedy comes, Christians have the comfort that a wise and loving God sits behind the darkness of our trials. As William Cowper' song puts it, "...behind a frowning Providence, there hides a smiling face." May we be granted the eyes to see the smiling face of our all-wise, loving, good, just, and happy God in the midst of this tragedy.

While I'm gone, check out the blogs listed on the right. There are also some very good online resources listed there. And down at the bottom of the page is a link to E-Sword. E-Sword is free software you can download to your hard drive and there are many free resources available there for downloading as well. I use this much more than my Logos software.
Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

5 comments:

John R. said...

Have a great trip!

JR

Bhedr said...

I hope you can afford this trip.

Shawn said...

See you later. Thanks for your blog I love to read it.

Jeremy Weaver said...

John,
I did!

Brian,
I couldn't!

Shawn,
I'm back for your reading pleasure!

J. Wendell said...

Glad all is well.