Old Doxoblogy

Saturday, November 12, 2005

New Commentary Series

As I know that you have all been waiting to see which book of the Bible I comment upon next, I would like to reveal the book so you can start reading.

And the new book is: JAMES!!!

Look for updates at the Comment On The Bible blog in the upcoming weeks for my comments on this great book of the Bible written by the brother of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Just to get you started, there are many topics covered in the book of James, from faith to perseverance. As we look into this book that is often divided into short sayings, let's remember to look at context and find what the message of James truly is, the message of Faith Fleshed Out In The Faithful. We will learn that true religion is practical and can be seen.

May God be honored in this study of His inspired, inerrant Word.

4 comments:

Steve Weaver said...

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to your posts!

Jeff Wright said...

Glad to hear it.

James has always been a challenge for me to understand, in terms of how each thought fits together.

I'm looking forward to seeing your exegesis.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to studing with you.

Joe said...

Oooo! Next to Hebrews and I Peter, James is my favorite book.

Come to think of it, it is the ONLY book next to Hebrews and I Peter.

It's gonna be SO good!