Old Doxoblogy

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Just A Word About Terrorism, London, and Bush

Terrorism is not an act. It is an ideology. It is an ideology that promotes terror in the masses through religion so that a few murderers can feel justified and secure in their deranged, murderous, ignorant, evil minds.
Terrorism in England and in the U.S.A. have resulted in a big bust for terrorists. As much as I hate to admit it, the English and Americans are cut from the same cloth. We don't experience 'terror' easily. As I watched the news today, I saw men and women victims being interviewed, blood caked to the sides of their faces, bruises across their bodies, who spoke out and said, "We will not be terrorized." Terror was not found in London today. Nervous fear, precaution, mourning, and a host of other emotions were present, but not terror.
For me, and Al-Qaeda I believe, President Bush has become the image of the defiant spirit that was seen in London today, and in our own country nearly four years ago. The spirit of defiance that says, "We will not be terrorized." Go Bush!!!
May we never fear man who can kill the body and then do no more harm. Let's reserve that fear for the One who can kill both body and soul. But let us defy terror and terrorism. With Patrick Henry I say, "Give me liberty, or give me death!", but let me fear not death or man. Instead, I will fear God alone.

No comments: